John’s suggestion of acetone-free nail varnish remover (ethyl acetate) seems to be great. Put the specimen down for a spore print, put a piece of sponge with a dash of ethyl acetate on it, cover, and leave overnight. Attached pictures show the idea. A specimen on a slide, the sponge in an old coverslip box, and the glass cover. Next picture shows deceased maggots feet up on the surface of the shroom. Thanks John.
NEFSG member login:
- Help with ID
- Ganoderma applanatum galls
- Scottish Fungus Groups’ Joint Foray 7-14h October 2019
- Pesky Paxillus
- State of the World's Fungi (Kew Gardens)
- CORDYCEPS ?
- FORAY REPORT , HOWICK HALL , SUNDAY 19th AUGUST (by Mike C)
- Ebony Cup, pseudoplectania nigrella
- Resupinatus trichotis
- Lanzia (rutstroemia) echinophila