This is a very interesting find and may well indicate that years like this (long warm summer and relatively dry) not only moves the season back but also throws up some rarities. We only have two records for Elaphocordyceps ophioglossoides in VC66, both recorded by the ubiqitous Gordon S. (found by m. Gallimore)
E.muricatus throws up two records for VC66 by Cath gillie and Alan Legg. That is all.
NEFSG member login:
- Help with ID
- Ganoderma applanatum galls
- Scottish Fungus Groups’ Joint Foray 7-14h October 2019
- Pesky Paxillus
- State of the World's Fungi (Kew Gardens)
- CORDYCEPS ?
- FORAY REPORT , HOWICK HALL , SUNDAY 19th AUGUST (by Mike C)
- Ebony Cup, pseudoplectania nigrella
- Resupinatus trichotis
- Lanzia (rutstroemia) echinophila