Home Forums PUBLIC DISCUSSION BOARD Serpula himantioides

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Doug
      Participant

Found on underside of larch log buried in vegetation in Normans Riding wood on 10/02/2016.
      Wrinkled folds and white margin along with spore size and colour (8.5-9.5 x 5-5.5) are an exact match in the literature that I have. In the picture the log has been turned over to facilitate photography and the spores are x 1000 mounted in water. There is no mention of it in the new recording sheet nor any of its synonyms that I could find but the internet states Serpula himantioides as current. Any comments anybody?.

John R
      Keymaster

Hi Doug

Very nice photos.

If you go to the bottom of the V6 recording sheet there is a tab labelled GB checklist, Serpula himantioides is present on that.

Tom is the person to talk to – but you can unlock wth spreadsheet and add it to the species list in order to record it.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I have sent Tom an email. His answer is below..

“Yes…it us easy to add a missing species BUT if everyone did so we would have several versions of the recording sheetin circulation…and not everyone would be as cautious as you, Doug,in getting the addition right. So. The advice I have put out is primarily do not add. Just notify me and I will check, add and insert on to the record sheet from individuals when submitted. That keeps everything ship shape.
      Best,
      Tom”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.