Thanks for the key John very helpful and my specimen ran straight down to Cheilymenia raripila a perfect fit with the wider asci 25-30 nothing less than these dimensions and many spores 25 x 13-15um The hairs on your specimen are septate almost to the apex whereas mine only seem to be septate near the base and don’t seem to be as densely distributed.
As mine is on cow dung I think we are pretty safe recording both species.
NEFSG member login:
- Help with ID
- Ganoderma applanatum galls
- Scottish Fungus Groups’ Joint Foray 7-14h October 2019
- Pesky Paxillus
- State of the World's Fungi (Kew Gardens)
- CORDYCEPS ?
- FORAY REPORT , HOWICK HALL , SUNDAY 19th AUGUST (by Mike C)
- Ebony Cup, pseudoplectania nigrella
- Resupinatus trichotis
- Lanzia (rutstroemia) echinophila