There is a wealth of information on the internet specifically on myxomycetes, primarily in the form of well illustrated keys. Fortunately, myxos are in general easily (or rather not so difficult) to get a handles on from their macro form followed up with microscopy. The University of Iowa books and keys are very good but the NEFSG has some excellent reading matter in the portable library.
I will indicate some good links after this send.
NEFSG member login:
- Help with ID
- Ganoderma applanatum galls
- Scottish Fungus Groups’ Joint Foray 7-14h October 2019
- Pesky Paxillus
- State of the World's Fungi (Kew Gardens)
- CORDYCEPS ?
- FORAY REPORT , HOWICK HALL , SUNDAY 19th AUGUST (by Mike C)
- Ebony Cup, pseudoplectania nigrella
- Resupinatus trichotis
- Lanzia (rutstroemia) echinophila